Our desire is to help our clients understand the intricacies of administering COBRA. We assist them to have a working knowledge of the COBRA law. All of the responsibility to administer COBRA falls upon the employer, and we want our clients to understand their potential liabilities.
We serve as a resource to our clients, by doing the leg work of the COBRA notification requirements. We mail a COBRA pre-notice to all new hires and their spouses, the COBRA election notice to terminated employees and qualified beneficiaries, depending on the COBRA event, and finally the post COBRA notice of conversion rights, when required by law.
- Initial Enrollment Upon initial enrollment a COBRA General Notice (COBRA Pre-Notice) will be mailed to every employee and covered spouse. This documents that at the time Todd Financial and Insurance became involved employees were notified of their COBRA rights.
- General Notice Upon enrollment or waiver each new employee and covered spouse will be mailed the COBRA General Notice. This notice educates the employee concerning their rights and responsibilities, and protects the employer in situation of Divorce and Dependent Status Changes.
- Election Notice When Todd Financial & Insurance Services, Inc. receives written notification that an employee or covered dependent has experienced a COBRA qualified event, we mail the COBRA Election Notice to the Employee and / or Spouse.
- COBRA Tracking When an employees enroll on COBRA we produce statements that communicates to them the COBRA premium. We track COBRA participants through their time on COBRA and report to you any premium change based on renewal rates.
- Notice of Conversion When the COBRA coverage has been exhausted we mail a final notice of Conversion rights to the COBRA participant.